Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Birds pt 1

New Holland Honeyeater feeding on a Grevillea bush.

Side profile of a Wedgetailed Eagle. This is the same bird featured in a previous post.

A cheeky little Singing Honeyeater swinging from a branch of my Buddleia bush.

Crested Pigeons; these are usually found quite a way inland from where I live so I was rather surprised to be walking out to my car one morning on the way to work and find a whole group (at least seven) waddling up my street cooing and chattering to each other like a bunch of elderly tourists. Must have been a dry season inland for them to venture so far from home.

A Pink and Grey Galah watches me warily from a tree in the neighbor's yard. I liked the way that the dark green leaves formed a frame for the bird's bright colors. Galah's are not native to my area and have become a real pest.

Bronzewing Pigeon. I have a bit of a soft spot for these comical little birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment