Pages

About Me

Western Australia, Australia
I am a keen amateur photographer. I have spent time as a journalist/photojournalist but have never studied either journalism or photography at a tertiary level. Mostly I am self taught. Right now I am taking a break and working in retail.

Saturday, June 11, 2011

mourning a lost home

Some time ago the house next door was destroyed by fire. Luckily no one was hurt but it was devastating for the owners. Finally the crews moved in to start demolition, both the house and the yard. Sure, the yard was overgrown but there were some magnificent trees over there. During a break in proceedings I took the opportunity to wander around the demolition site.
While I was there I witnessed a pair of Willie Wagtails roaming through the rubble. The romantic in me imagines that this yard was once their territory and that their nest had been in one of the trees. Its not breeding season right now, so no babies were harmed, but I still can't help wondering if the two birds were mourning the loss of their home



No comments:

Post a Comment